Gluten-Free Breakfast Granola
Finding gluten-free granola can be a challenge in most grocery stores, but it’s super easy to make your own in the slow cooker. Make sure to stir the ingredients every hour to prevent uneven cooking or overbrowning.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 11 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and vent with a wooden spoon handle or a chopstick. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours, stirring every hour.
- When granola is toasty and done, pour it onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Spread the granola out evenly over the entire sheet of parchment paper. Allow granola to cool and dry for several hours.
- Once cooled, break granola up and place in an airtight container or a tightly sealed glass jar and store in pantry for up to 1 month. For longer storage, keep granola in freezer for up to 6 months.