Gluten-Free Breakfast Granola
It’s super easy to make your own granola in a slow cooker. Make sure to stir the ingredients every hour to prevent uneven cooking or overbrowning.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 11 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and vent with a wooden spoon handle or a chopstick. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours, stirring every hour.
- When granola is toasty and done, pour it onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Spread the granola out evenly over the entire sheet of parchment paper. Allow granola to cool and dry for several hours.
- Once cooled, break granola up and place in an airtight container or a tightly sealed glass jar and store in pantry for up to 1 month. For longer storage, keep granola in freezer for up to 6 months.