Gluten-Free Broccoli Cheese Strata
Broccoli and Cheddar cheese is always a popular combination. You can also add cooked bacon for a non-vegetarian breakfast treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups cubed day-old gluten-free bread, such as Udi’s Gluten Free Bread
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the bread, cheese, shallot, and broccoli. Transfer to baking dish.
- In now-empty mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; pour evenly over the bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, heat the oven to 325°F and bring the strata to room temperature. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until center is cooked. Let stand for 15 minutes and serve.