Gluten-Free Brown-Sugar Pecan Pie
Brown sugar, butter, a little gluten-free flour, and milk give this pie a gooey center. Bake in a homemade gluten-free crust.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked gluten-free pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and sorghum flour. Stir in the melted butter, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Place a pie shield on the crust or use strips of foil to make a ring around the edge of the crust, so that it doesn’t burn while baking.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until set.