Gluten-Free Browned Butter-Glazed Spice Doughnuts
These muffins are delicious, moist, and tasty and they use applesauce in place of some of the fat, upping the nutritional quality of this treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, egg, and butter. Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients except the glaze and stir until fully mixed.
- Spoon the batter into a large resealable bag and cut a corner. Squeeze the batter into the wells of the doughnut pan until they’re ¾ full. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan on top of the oven for a few minutes before removing.
- Make the glaze: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat until browned. Pour into a bowl and add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip each doughnut in the glaze and set on a plate until the glaze has set.