Gluten-Free Brunch Lasagna
This fun twist on lasagna is full of breakfast goodness. The ham and asparagus make it a lovely choice for a spring or Easter brunch.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 9 gluten-free lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped ham
- 16 oz. frozen white asparagus, defrosted, drained, and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- In a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan, layer the following: 1⁄4 cup of the prepared white sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, half the ham, half the asparagus, 1⁄3 cup Gruyère, and 3⁄4 cup Cheddar. Repeat, starting again with 1⁄4 cup white sauce. Top with the remaining noodles, white sauce, and cheeses.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and the cheese is lightly browned. Let it set for 15 minutes before cutting.