Gluten Free Butternut Squash Wild Rice Stuffing with Pears and Pecans
This crowd-pleasing dish feeds 6-10 people and can easily be a staple in your house throughout the fall and winter. Enjoy this wild rice stuffing for any of your holiday gatherings!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and chopped, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups Private Selection™ Wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Dried Oregano
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup Kroger® Raw Pecan Pieces
- Place dry wild rice in a bowl and fill with water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, onion and butternut squash to a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped pear, garlic, rice, sea salt, oregano and cinnamon and stir, then sauté 3 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries, water and orange zest, and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, cook 40-50 minutes, until much of the water has been absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the pot, place on the center rack of the oven and bake 10-20 minutes, until all of the water has been absorbed and top is crispy.
- Remove from pot from the oven and stir in chopped pecans and fresh parsley. Taste the stuffing and add salt to taste.
- Serve alongside your holiday entree or use as turkey stuffing.