Gluten-Free Canadian Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffin
Canadian bacon is the perfect shape to fit on an English muffin, but feel free to make this recipe with regular bacon slices if you desire.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 gluten-free English muffins, split
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, cook the Canadian bacon until lightly browned on each side, 4–5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and fry the eggs for about 3 minutes per side. If you prefer the scrambled version, you can break them up in the pan while they’re cooking, making sure to keep them separate.
- Meanwhile, split the English muffins and toast them. Spread the insides with ½ tablespoon mayonnaise each.
- When the eggs are almost done, flip them and lay a slice of cheese on top of each. Cook for another 30 seconds before removing from the pan.
- Assemble sandwich by layering the bottom of an English muffin with an egg topped with cheese, a slice of bacon, and finally the top of the English muffin. Repeat with the second sandwich. Serve immediately.