Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Waffles
These delectable waffles taste like dessert, but they are nutritious enough to enjoy for breakfast!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup carrot purée
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup whipped coconut cream
- 6 strips orange zest
- Lightly oil and preheat a waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients; stir to combine until there are no clumps.
- Pour half the batter into the waffle maker and cook for about 3–4 minutes or until the waffle maker sensor indicates that it’s done and steam no longer escapes. Top waffles with coconut cream and orange zest.