Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Waffles
These delectable waffles taste like dessert, but they are nutritious enough to enjoy for breakfast!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup carrot purée
- 1⁄4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup whipped coconut cream
- 6 strips orange zest
- Lightly oil and preheat a waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients; stir to combine until there are no clumps.
- Pour half the batter into the waffle maker and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffle maker sensor indicates that it’s done and steam no longer escapes. Top waffles with coconut cream and orange zest.