Gluten-Free Cheese Biscuits
These savory biscuits go well with eggs or an omelet or as an addition to your brunch menu.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 package (16 oz.) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Whole Grain Mix with yeast
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the water and yeast from the packet included in the pizza mix box. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the pizza mix, eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Cheddar cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt; blend thoroughly. Cover and allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a half sheet pan. Form the dough into balls (about 1⁄4 cup of dough per biscuit) and place on the prepared pan; moisten your hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the remaining olive oil on top of each roll. Top with a pinch of the reserved Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.