Gluten-Free Cherry-Vanilla Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
This gluten-free cheesecake has a crunchy, buttery walnut crust and a creamy vanilla filling topped with fresh, whole cherries. An elegant twist on a classic.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups ground walnuts
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. brown rice flour
- 2 cups fresh, pitted cherries, divided
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray again.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the walnuts, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan to form a crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, salt, and brown rice flour until well-combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. With the machine running, add egg yolks, one at a time until incorporated. When smooth, fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into springform pan and scatter 1 cup of cherries over top of cake.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven, and with the door cracked, let the cake cool for an additional hour. Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove cake from pan, place on a serving dish and scatter the remaining 1 cup cherries over cake before serving with whipped cream.