Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
Chicken tenders are the strip along the breast that earns the name “tender.” These make a great snack when you have a crowd.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup fine gluten-free cornbread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Rinse the chicken and dry on paper towels, then lay out two sheets of waxed paper. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder and spread it on one sheet.
- Spread the crumbs on the other piece of waxed paper. Beat the egg and milk together. Dredge the tenders in the flour mixture, then dip them into the egg mixture, and finally coat them in the crumbs.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat ½" of oil to 365°F and fry the chicken tenders until golden, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.