Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
Save to My Recipes
This zesty, traditional Italian dish is packed with flavor and has become extremely popular in restaurants. Serve it with roasted potatoes, rice, or wheat-free pasta.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), sliced in half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.75 oz.) artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp. gluten-free capers
- 2 Tbsp. freshly minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ large lemon, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, wine, and lemon juice. Set it aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound each half until about ¼" thick. Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle. Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a plate. Keep warm.
- Add broth mixture, onion, and garlic to the same skillet; cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes until liquid reduces to about half.
- Add browned chicken, artichoke hearts, and capers. Let simmer on low heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes so sauce thickens. Top with parsley and lemon slices.