Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
This zesty, traditional Italian dish is packed with flavor and has become extremely popular in restaurants. Serve it with roasted potatoes, rice, or wheat-free pasta.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup gluten-free low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), sliced in half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.75 oz.) artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp. gluten-free capers
- 2 Tbsp. freshly minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ large lemon, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, wine, and lemon juice. Set it aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound each half until about ¼" thick. Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle. Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a plate. Keep warm.
- Add broth mixture, onion, and garlic to the same skillet; cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes until liquid reduces to about half.
- Add browned chicken, artichoke hearts, and capers. Let simmer on low heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes so sauce thickens. Top with parsley and lemon slices.