Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are cuts of white rib meat from the breast of a chicken. These make a great snack when you have a crowd.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup fine gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Rinse the chicken and dry on paper towels. Then lay out two sheets of waxed paper.
- Mix together the arrowroot starch or tapioca starch, salt, pepper, and baking powder and spread it on one sheet of waxed paper. Spread the cornmeal on the other piece of waxed paper. In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
- Dredge the tenders first in the starch mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally coat them in the cornmeal.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat oil to 365°F and fry the chicken tenders until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.