Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
These muffins are soft, moist, and studded with chocolate chips; perfect for a quick breakfast, snack, or to pack in lunch boxes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sorghum flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir just to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to a wire cooling rack.