Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
You will never know that there are vegetables in this yummy bread or that it’s gluten-free. It’s a perfect way to sneak vegetables into snacks for those picky children!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, butter, and applesauce. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.