Gluten-Free Chocolate Doughnuts
These doughnuts aren’t too terribly sweet so they make a fun and guilt-free breakfast treat! Use fun shapes, and decorate them for any occasion to make them extra festive.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease doughnut pans with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and butter. Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to combine. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut pans, filling each well about half full. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts feel firm and cooked through (touch them lightly). Remove them from the oven, cool for 3–5 minutes in the pan, then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- While the doughnuts cool, place the remaining cup of chocolate chips in a double broiler (or set a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water) and allow them to melt slowly. Spread the melted chocolate on each doughnut.