Gluten-Free Chocolate Strawberry Scones
Warm, buttery and packed with fresh strawberries – these scones make your morning a whole lot sweeter. Plus, this recipe uses gluten-free flour to create a diet-friendly breakfast treat the whole family will enjoy.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and butter.
- With mixer set to low, stir in eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt. Fold in strawberries.
- Scoop into 3” balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake 15-20 minutes.