Gluten-Free Cincinnati Chili
This unusual regional favorite has a spicy sweet flavor that is wonderfully addictive! It is traditionally served over spaghetti with any combination of toppings that include kidney beans, diced raw onion, and shredded Cheddar.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. gluten-free spaghetti, cooked
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, quickly sauté the beef until it is no longer pink, about 5–6 minutes. Drain all fat and discard it.
- Place beef and all other ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve chili over spaghetti and top with shredded cheese.