Gluten-Free Cinnamon Maple “Bread” Stuffed Apples
Apple pie is delicious, but who has time to slave over the cutting board and oven on a busy weekday? Enter the baked apple! This decadent, single-serve dessert can be made in no time.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup peanut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. stevia
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. egg white
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 4 medium apples
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and fill a medium baking dish with 1⁄2 cup water.
- Combine the peanut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and stevia in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the applesauce, egg white, and maple extract; stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Cut off the top 1 inch of the apples and core them. Sprinkle the lemon juice on the inside to prevent browning. Place the cored apples in the prepared dish and pour the bread batter in the middle of the apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bread is baked and the apples are tender.