Gluten Free Cinnamon Muffins with Almond Crumble
These gluten-free muffins are a morning treat for the whole family. The almond crumble adds bits of sweet crunch in every bite!
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten-free, all-purpose baking flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum (if not already in gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ½ tablespoon cinnamon.
- In large bowl, mix together sugar, softened butter, almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract and banana. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into wet mixture. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- In small bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, sliced almonds and melted butter. Sprinkle crumble evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.