Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Orange Stuffed Apples
Serve these baked apples with coffee cake for brunch or dessert.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large tart baking apples
- ½ packed cup light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden seedless raisins, divided
- 4 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, divided
- 4 tsp. butter, divided
- ½ cup apple cider or juice
- Wash the apples and remove the cores and the stems, but don’t peel them.
- Add the brown sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon to a small bowl; stir to mix.
- Fill each apple with 1 tablespoon raisins, 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate, and 1 generous tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture. Top the filling in each apple with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Pour the cider or juice into the slow cooker. Carefully place the apples upright in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the apples are cooked through and tender.
- Use tongs and a spatula to remove the apples to dessert plates. Serve warm.