Gluten-Free Cinnamon Peach Cobbler
We make this delicious, gluten-free version of peach cobbler in a pie plate, but you can use any oven-proof baking dish. You can substitute frozen, sliced peaches for the fresh in this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a pie plate. Put butter in the pan and place in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, cinnamon, and xanthan gum. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, egg, and vanilla. The batter should have the texture of pancake batter.
- Using potholders, remove the baking dish from oven. Pour the batter into the dish and then nestle peaches evenly over batter.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, until the topping is golden-brown and butter is bubbling around the edges of the pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving.