Gluten-Free Cinnamon-and-Spice Whoopie Pies
These sweet treats are exquisite. You will be shocked at how amazing they are.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. raw honey, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut flour
- 4 Tbsp. coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl. Add 1 cup honey, eggs, and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Add hazelnut flour and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Place 1⁄4-cup scoops of dough onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut butter, remaining 2 tablespoons honey, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk thoroughly.
- Sandwich two cookies with frosting to make whoopie pies.