Gluten-Free Cinnamon and Sugar Soft Pretzels
Get the whole family together and make these chewy, buttery, and slightly sweet gluten-free pretzels.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turbinado sugar
- 2 1⁄4 tsp. instant yeast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Add flour, salt, turbinado sugar, and yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until well combined. Knead dough with flat beater attachment 5 minutes. Knead until dough is soft and smooth. Sprinkle flour on dough and place in a bag or wrap in plastic wrap; allow to rest for 1 hour until dough is doubled in size.
- While dough is resting, combine boiling water and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring until soda is almost completely dissolved. Pour baking soda mixture into a 9-inch square pan.
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly grease a clean work surface. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Allow pieces to rest 5 minutes.
- On your work surface, roll a piece of dough into a long, thin rope (about 28 inches long) and twist rope into a pretzel by crossing ends, twisting once, and bringing twisted ends up to rest on top of pretzel. Repeat with remaining dough to make 8 large pretzels.
- Take half of pretzels and place them in pan with baking soda mixture. Use a spoon to splash water over tops; allow to rest in water 2 minutes (no longer) before placing on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 4 pretzels.
- Transfer pretzels to prepared baking sheet and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Stir to combine. Brush pretzels thoroughly with melted butter mixture.
- Bake pretzels 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.