Gluten-Free Coconut Custard Pie
This gluten-free coconut custard pie is simple to make, but does need ample time to chill before serving. Serve with fresh fruit and shredded coconut.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 1¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 unbaked gluten-free pie shell
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, eggs, melted butter, ¾ cup sugar. and sorghum flour until well-combined. Whisk in 1 cup shredded coconut. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 40–50 minutes, until top and crust are golden-brown. Place pie on a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes. Chill 8 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, toss blueberries with the remaining ¼ cup sugar. Transfer pie to a wide-rimmed serving platter. Scatter strawberries, blueberries, and remaining coconut around the pie.