Gluten-Free Corn Flour Crepes with Salmon and Cream Cheese
Love the taste of smoked salmon and cream cheese? These crepes will hit the spot.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup corn flour
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Extra butter for frying crepes (1 tsp. per crepe)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. sliced smoked salmon
- ½ sweet onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Make the crepes: Place the eggs, milk, and salt in your food processor and mix until smooth. With the motor on low, slowly add the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl often. Add the melted butter.
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon butter. Pour in ¼ cup of the batter to make one crepe. Tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly. Cook the crepes until lightly browned, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Place the crepes on sheets of waxed paper that have been dusted with extra corn flour. To store, place in a plastic bag in refrigerator or freezer.
- Assemble: Spread cream cheese on the warm crepes. Place the sliced salmon and onion over the cheese and fold up crepes. Garnish with fresh dill.