Gluten-Free Cranberry Oat Bread
This bread is the perfect mix of tangy and sweet. It is great served immediately or frozen for later use.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 2 large whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend the applesauce, eggs, egg whites, butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve immediately, or wrap tightly and store for up to 24 hours or freeze for later use.