Gluten-Free Cream Scones
These delicious scones are super easy to put together and taste great with mini chocolate chips instead of currants.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1¼ cups plus 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- ⅓ cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place a rack in the top third of the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add 1¼ cups heavy cream and stir gently until the dry ingredients are moistened. Be careful not to over-handle the dough. Fold in the currants.
- Turn onto a floured mat and gently roll the dough into a circle that is about 1" thick. Brush with remaining heavy cream and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut into 8 triangles and place them 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12–15 minutes.