Chestnut flour is sweet and nutty, making the most delicious crepes you can imagine. You can stuff them with fruit and whipped cream or with savory fillings. Add 2 teaspoons sugar to the batter for sweet crepes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chestnut flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a food processor, mix the eggs, milk, and salt until blended.
- With the motor on low, slowly add the flours, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the container.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Pour in the batter by a ½ cup. Tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly.
- Cook the crepe until browned, about 3–4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter and butter. Place crepes on waxed paper and sprinkle with a bit of rice flour to prevent them from sticking.
- When the crepes are done, you can fill them right away or store them in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.