Gluten-Free Crepes with Raspberry Sauce
These make a lovely brunch offering. Make the crepes and the sauce the night before for easy morning assembly.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chestnut flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream
- In a food processor, mix the eggs, milk, and salt until blended. With the motor on low, slowly add the flours and sugar, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the container.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Pour in the batter by a 1⁄2 cup. Tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly.
- Cook the crepe until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter and butter. Place crepes on waxed paper and sprinkle with a bit of rice flour to prevent them from sticking.
- Purée raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of the raspberry sauce over each crepe and roll them up. Serve immediately.