Gluten-Free Crescent Rolls
Make homemade, gluten-free crescent rolls for a special dinner or as part of fun meal, wrapped around hot dogs and baked for the classic kids’ meal pigs-in-a-blanket.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour, plus more for dusting
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter, frozen and grated
- 3⁄4 cup full-fat, small-curd cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and sugar. In another large bowl, mix together butter and cottage cheese. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly until a ball of dough forms.
- Dust a work surface with sorghum flour and roll out the dough into an 8- to 10-inch circle (1⁄4 inch thick). Using a pizza cutter, divide the circle into 8 triangles. Roll each triangle up starting with the wide end and continuing to the tip. Place the crescent rolls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until rolls are golden-brown.