Gluten-Free Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp
Make your own delicious Coconut Shrimp at home! Great for parties, holidays, or topped on a green salad.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 40 large shrimp (about 2 1⁄2 lbs.)
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel and wash shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine breadcrumbs, coconut, and sea salt in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until light and airy.
- Add 1⁄4 batch of shrimp at a time to eggs, tossing to coat. Next, dredge shrimp in breadcrumb mixture; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 minutes. Halfway through baking, use tongs to lightly grab shrimp by tails to turn over. Serve shrimp with lemon wedges.