Gluten-Free Doughnut Muffins
These muffins have the flavor of a cinnamon doughnut without all the fuss!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the milk and 1⁄3 cup melted butter and stir.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and stir until just mixed. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups 3⁄4 full.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping. Mix together 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon. Spoon over the muffins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.