Gluten-Free Doughnut Muffins
These muffins have the flavor of a cinnamon doughnut without all the fuss!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the milk and ⅓ cup melted butter and stir.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and stir until just mixed. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups ¾ full.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping. Mix together 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon. Spoon over the muffins.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.