Gluten-Free Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
Ordering Italian food at a restaurant can be difficult when eating a gluten-free diet. Here is a restaurant-quality recipe you can make at home. Add a tossed salad and a slice of gluten-free garlic toast, and your dinner is complete.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. gluten-free fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts until done, seasoning with salt and pepper. Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare gluten-free fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the chicken. Once the butter has melted, add the heavy cream. Heat until the cream is starting to boil, and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the cheese is blended and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the drained fettuccine. Add fresh parsley before serving.