Gluten-Free Fried Potato Pancakes
This is basically a good old kosher recipe. It is marvelous with applesauce, sour cream, or both. For brunch, it’s excellent with eggs on the side.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup potato flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup applesauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated potatoes, onions, eggs, potato flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat ½" olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and spoon in the potato cakes, pressing down to make patties.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Drain, keep warm, and serve with sour cream and applesauce.