Gluten-Free Garlic and Cheddar Biscuits
These cheesy morsels will remind you of the famous “Cheddar Bay” biscuits served at a popular seafood chain restaurant. For your next special dinner make a double batch to serve to guests.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups gluten-free biscuit mix
- 3 Tbsp. Spectrum Organic All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2–4 Tbsp. cold water
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cut shortening into biscuit mix with a fork and knife or a pastry blender until itʼs fully incorporated. Stir in egg and 1 tablespoon water at a time until you have a stiff but workable dough. You may not need all 4 tablespoons of water. Fold a ½ cup cheese and the garlic into the dough.
- Drop 2–3 tablespoons of dough per biscuit onto prepared baking sheet about 2" apart. Gently shape each biscuit into a circle. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.