Gluten-Free Garlic and Cheddar Biscuits
These cheesy morsels will remind you of the famous “Cheddar Bay” biscuits served at a popular seafood chain restaurant. For your next special dinner make a double batch to serve to guests.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free biscuit mix
- 3 Tbsp. Spectrum Organic All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cut shortening into biscuit mix with a fork and knife or a pastry blender until itʼs fully incorporated. Stir in egg and 2 to 4 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have a stiff but workable dough. Fold 1⁄2 cup cheese and garlic into the dough.
- Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough per biscuit onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently shape each biscuit into a circle. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.