Gluten-Free Ginger-Lemon Muffins
These muffins are light, fluffy, and aromatic with the bite of ginger and the zing of fresh lemon zest. Use a mild-tasting olive oil rather than extra virgin for this recipe.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper liners in a standard muffin pan. Grease the liners with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and ground ginger.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh ginger.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Scoop the batter into the prepared liners. Bake for 15 minutes, o until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.