Gluten-Free Glazed Pumpkin Doughnuts
Try these for your next Thanksgiving breakfast.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease doughnut pans with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and xanthan gum.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, molasses, eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into a large resealable bag and cut a corner. Squeeze the batter into the wells of the doughnut pan until they’re 3⁄4 full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool in the pan for 3–5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. When the doughnuts are cool enough to touch, dip each doughnut in the glaze. Return to the rack to cool completely.