Gluten-Free Honey Sesame Cookies
These honey-sweetened, gluten-free cookies are made with sesame seeds that toast as they bake and create a nutty crunch. They're lovely with hot tea or coffee.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda. In a smaller bowl, mix together honey, tahini, butter, and vanilla extract until well-combined. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Using your hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dip one edge of each ball in sesame seeds and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until aromatic and the tops crack open, being careful not to burn the sesame seeds. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.