Gluten-Free Honey Sesame Cookies
These honey-sweetened, gluten-free cookies are made with sesame seeds that toast as they bake and create a nutty crunch. They're lovely with hot tea or coffee.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1¼ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda. In a smaller bowl, mix together honey, tahini, butter, and vanilla extract until well-combined. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Using your hands, roll dough into 1" balls. Dip one edge of each ball in sesame seeds and place 1" apart on the prepared baking sheet. Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, until aromatic and the tops crack open, being careful not to burn the sesame seeds. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.