Gluten-Free Jumbo Double Ginger Cookies
These jumbo, spiced molasses cookies are both gluten-free and vegan. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. canola oil
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, sorghum flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oil, applesauce, sugar, molasses, gingerroot, and almond milk. Whisk until frothy. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together until you have a thick dough.
- Place coarse organic sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Using a greased ice-cream scoop, make balls of dough and roll in the sugar to coat. Place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten gently with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until surface is crackled. Cool completely on baking sheets.