Gluten-Free Lasagna with Spinach
There is no need to precook the gluten-free noodles in this recipe. All you need to do is assemble this super easy lasagna in the morning, and you’ll have a hearty, family-pleasing meal waiting for you when you get home.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 28 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup defrosted and drained frozen cut spinach
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups (about 2 jars) marinara sauce
- ½ lb. uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, spinach, egg, and mozzarella.
- Ladle a quarter of the marinara sauce along the bottom of a greased 6-quart slow cooker. The bottom should be thoroughly covered in sauce. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle an additional quarter of sauce over the noodles, covering all of the noodles. Top with half of the cheese mixture, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to smooth. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the cheese, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle another quarter of the sauce on top of the noodles, and top with the remaining cheese. Press another layer of noodles onto the cheese and top with the remaining sauce. Take care that the noodles are entirely covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours until cooked through.