Gluten-Free Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins with Lemon Glaze
These decadent Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are dressed in a lemony-sweet glaze, but don’t contain any gluten.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
- Add butter, sour cream, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and eggs, beating well to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 3⁄4 full. Place muffin tin in center of preheated oven. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick or tine of fork inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- In a small bowl add confectioners’ sugar and 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir to combine and gradually add in remaining lemon juice. Use a spoon to drizzle glaze over muffins.