Gluten-Free Lemonade Muffins
These traditional muffins taste fresh and delicious. The secret is the lemonade concentrate.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- ½ cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add ½ cup milk, lemonade concentrate, butter, and egg. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Use all the batter between the 12 muffin cups; these don’t rise a lot so you want them full. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks until just warm, 10–15 minutes.
- While the muffins cool, combine the confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and lemon juice. While they’re still warm, drizzle the tops of the muffins with the glaze.