Gluten-Free Maple-Walnut Apple Crisp
Roughly chopped walnut halves make this apple crisp especially crunchy. This is delicious served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 medium apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together apples, granulated sugar, and 1⁄4 cup maple syrup. Pour the apple filling into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, brown rice flour, brown sugar, spices, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in remaining maple syrup. Cut in butter with a fork, until you have a crumbly topping mixture. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over apple filling. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Place the casserole dish on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is crisp and lightly browned.