Gluten Free Mexican Chocolate Brownies
The crunchy cinnamon cereal base of these brownies makes them completely irresistible. Luckily, those with a gluten intolerance won't have to!
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex™ Cereal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 box (16 oz.) Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin to make about 1 1/2 cups.
- In medium bowl, mix cereal, brown sugar and baking soda; stir in 1/4 cup melted butter until well mixed. Reserve 1/3 cup cereal mixture for topping. Press remaining cereal mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir brownie mix, 1/4 cup melted butter and the eggs until well blended. Drop batter by small spoonfuls over baked layer. Carefully spread over baked layer; sprinkle with reserved 1/3 cup cereal mixture.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until brownies look dry and set. (Brownies will be soft; do not use toothpick test.) Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered.