Gluten-Free Mini Oatmeal-Raisin Buns
Make these gluten-free yeast buns are filled with oatmeal and raisins and spiced with cinnamon. Bake in a mini muffin pan and then split, toast, and slather them with butter and honey.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups hot water
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. salt
- Grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, cover oats and raisins with hot water. Set aside and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir and let sit until foamy on top. Stir in the cider vinegar, vegetable oil, eggs, and egg whites.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, dry milk powder, cinnamon, xantham gum, and salt. Add soaked oats and raisins, turn the mixer on low speed, and slowly add the yeast mixture. Once combined, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixer on medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the dough equally into muffin tin.
- Set oven to 350°F. Place muffin tin in a warm spot and let rise, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until the individual buns have doubled in size.
- Bake for 18–22 minutes, or until the buns are nicely browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a bun comes out clean. Leave in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire cooling rack.