Gluten-Free Molten Chocolate Cakes
These rich chocolate pudding cakes are made with cooked black rice and ripe avocado. Black rice is sold in some grocery stores, Asian markets, and online.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups black rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup liquefied unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six single-cup baking ramekins with coconut oil spray.
- Purée rice in a food processor. Add avocado, oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla; pulse to combine. Scrape down sides of bowl; add eggs and pulse again just until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Drizzle wet ingredients over dry, stirring gently just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly into ramekins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, just until centers are set. Do not over-bake.