Gluten-Free Muffins with Almonds and Cinnamon
These delicious gluten-free muffins are perfect for breakfast, a special brunch, or packed in a lunch box.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus.1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, 1⁄2 cup sugar, and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth. Fill each paper liner 2⁄3 full with batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Spoon 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of mixture over each muffin. Use a toothpick or a knife to gently swirl the cinnamon and sugar over the top of the batter. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.