Gluten-Free Nutty Banana Cupcakes
These banana cupcakes get a double boost of flavor from a peanut butter frosting and peanut bits!
Serves: 14Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2¼ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sorghum flour, divided
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- ⅔ cup diced bananas
- ⅓ cup crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine soymilk, sugar, oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Whisk until blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until mixed. Add vinegar, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Combine diced bananas with 1 tablespoon sorghum flour in a small bowl. Stir to coat. Add bananas to batter, stirring to combine. Mix in crushed peanuts. Pour batter in greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake 25–30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm. Cool completely.