Gluten-Free Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Make these crisp, sweet, gluten-free, cookies with butter, not shortening.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. In a smaller bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, chopped oats, sorghum flour, and cinnamon. Stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Let batter rest for 10 minutes to activate the baking soda.
- Drop batter by teaspoons 3" apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, until cookies have spread, and edges are golden-brown. Do not over bake, as these cookies can burn quickly. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.